1) Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in industrial plant: Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
2) Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
3) Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
4) Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
5) Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
6) Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
7) Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?