Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers in department of retail store: Interviews job applicants and evaluates worker performance to recommend personnel actions such as hiring, retention, promotion, transfer or dismissal of workers.
- 2) Assigns duties to workers and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations.
- 3) Trains workers in store policies, department procedures, and job duties.
- 4) Orders merchandise, supplies, and equipment.
- 5) Records delivery of merchandise, compares record with merchandise ordered, and reports discrepancies to control costs and maintain correct inventory levels.
- 6) Inspects merchandise to ensure it is correctly priced and displayed.
- 7) Recommends additions to or deletions of merchandise to be sold in department.
- 8) Prepares sales and inventory reports.
- 9) Listens to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations.
- 10) May assist sales workers in completing difficult sales.
- 11) May sell merchandise.
- 12) May approve checks written for payment of merchandise purchased in department.
- 13) May install and remove department cash-register-receipt tape and audit cash receipts.
- 14) May perform customer service activities and be designated Customer Service Manager.
- 15) May plan department layout or merchandise or advertising display.
- 16) May be designated according to department managed or type of merchandise sold as Candy-Department Manager; Toy-Department Manager; Produce-Department Manager.
Click here for "MANAGER, DEPARTMENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MANAGER, DEPARTMENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MANAGER, DEPARTMENT"