1) Studies production requirements, such as character, period, setting, and situation, and applies makeup to performers to alter their appearance to accord with their roles: Examines sketches, photographs, and plaster models in period files to obtain an image of character to be depicted.
2) Confers with stage and motion picture officials and performer to determine alterations to be made and makeup to be used.
3) Designs prostheses of rubber or plastic and requisitions cosmetics and makeup materials, such as wigs, beards, rouge, powder, and grease paint.
4) Applies prostheses, cosmetics, and makeup to change such physical characteristics of performer as facial features, skin texture, bodily contours, and dimensions and to produce effect appropriate to depict character and situation.
5) May make drawings or models based upon independent research to augment period files.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?