Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using handtools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments: Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- 2) Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, handtools, and power tools.
- 3) Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- 4) Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- 5) Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, using handtools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- 6) Repairs or replaces defective parts, using handtools and power tools.
- 7) Installs special functional and structural parts in devices, using handtools.
- 8) Starts devices to test their performance.
- 9) Lubricates and cleans parts.
- 10) May set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- 11) May initiate purchase order for parts and machines.
- 12) May repair electrical equipment.
- 13) May be designated according to machine repaired as Carton-Forming-Machine Adjuster; Machine Adjuster; Maintenance Mechanic, Record Processing Equipment.
Click here for "MAINTENANCE MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAINTENANCE MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAINTENANCE MECHANIC"