Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and administers program of library services: Submits recommendations on library policies and services to governing body, such as board of directors or board of trustees, and implements policy decisions.
- 2) Analyzes, selects, and executes recommendations of personnel, such as department chiefs or branch supervisors.
- 3) Coordinates activities of branch or departmental libraries.
- 4) Analyzes and coordinates departmental budget estimates and controls expenditures to administer approved budget.
- 5) Reviews and evaluates orders for books and audiovisual materials.
- 6) Examines trade publications and materials, interviews publishers' representatives, and consults with others to select materials.
- 7) Administers personnel regulations, interviews and appoints job applicants, rates staff performance, and promotes and discharges employees.
- 8) Plans and conducts staff meetings and participates in community and professional meetings to discuss and act on library problems.
- 9) Delivers book reviews and lectures to publicize library activities and services.
- 10) Provides library public relations services.
- 11) May examine and select materials to be discarded, repaired, or replaced.
- 12) May be designated according to governmental subdivision served as City-Library Director; County-Library Director.
Click here for "LIBRARY DIRECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIBRARY DIRECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIBRARY DIRECTOR"