Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Maintains library collections of books, serial publications, documents, audiovisual, and other materials, and assists groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials: Furnishes information on library activities, facilities, rules, and services.
- 2) Explains and assists in use of reference sources, such as card or book catalog or book and periodical indexes to locate information.
- 3) Describes or demonstrates procedures for searching catalog files.
- 4) Searches catalog files and shelves to locate information.
- 5) Issues and receives materials for circulation or for use in library.
- 6) Assembles and arranges displays of books and other library materials.
- 7) Maintains reference and circulation materials.
- 8) Answers correspondence on special reference subjects.
- 9) May compile list of library materials according to subject or interests, using computer.
- 10) May select, order, catalog, and classify materials.
- 11) May prepare or assist in preparation of budget.
- 12) May plan and direct or carry out special projects involving library promotion and outreach activity and be designated Outreach Librarian.
- 13) May be designated according to specialized function as Circulation Librarian; Readers'-Advisory-Service Librarian; or Reference Librarian.
Click here for "LIBRARIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIBRARIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIBRARIAN"