Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts criminal and civil lawsuits, draws up legal documents, advises clients as to legal rights, and practices other phases of law: Gathers evidence in divorce, civil, criminal, and other cases to formulate defense or to initiate legal action.
- 2) Conducts research, interviews clients and witnesses, and handles other details in preparation for trial.
- 3) Prepares legal briefs, develops strategy, arguments, and testimony in preparation for presentation of case.
- 4) Files brief with court clerk.
- 5) Represents client in court and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government.
- 6) Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- 7) May confer with colleagues with specialty in area of lawsuit to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings.
- 8) May act as trustee, guardian, or executor.
- 9) May draft wills, trusts, transfer of assets, gifts, and other documents.
- 10) May advise corporate clients concerning transactions of business involving internal affairs, stockholders, directors, officers, and corporate relations with general public.
- 11) May supervise and coordinate activities of subordinate legal personnel.
- 12) May prepare business contracts, pay taxes, settle labor disputes, and administer other legal matters.
- 13) May teach college courses in law.
- 14) May specialize in specific phase of law.
Click here for "LAWYER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LAWYER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LAWYER"