1) Sets up, adjusts, and repairs knitting machines to knit hose, garments, and cloth according to specifications, using knowledge of machine function: Reads work order and confers with supervisor or engineer to determine knitting machine setup.
2) Inserts cams, links, buttons, or needle jacks in pattern chain to set up machine to knit hose, garment, or cloth according to pattern design chart.
3) Observes operation of machine and examines knitted material to detect defects.
4) Turns setscrews and handwheels to adjust machine parts, such as gears and cams, and to synchronize yarn carriers, needles, dividers, and sinkers.
5) Repairs and replaces machine parts, using handtools.
6) Aligns and straightens needles, sinkers, and dividers, using pliers.
7) Cleans and oils machines.
8) May only repair and adjust knitting machines and be designated Line Fixer.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?