Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom personnel and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies: Plans or participates in planning menus, preparing and apportioning foods, and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
- 2) Specifies number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage, and dessert to control portion costs.
- 3) Supervises noncooking personnel, such as KITCHEN HELPER , to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment.
- 4) Supervises COOK and tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards.
- 5) Supervises workers engaged in inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies.
- 6) Purchases foodstuffs, kitchen supplies, and equipment, or requisitions them from PURCHASING AGENT.
- 7) Hires and discharges employees.
- 9) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 10) May set prices to be charged for food items.
- 11) May meet with professional staff, customers, or client group to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions.
- 12) May assist dietitian to plan, change, test, and standardize recipes to increase number of servings prepared.
- 13) This job occurs typically in restaurants, cafeterias, and institutions as opposed to STEWARD/STEWARDESS which occurs typically in hotels.
Click here for "KITCHEN SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "KITCHEN SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "KITCHEN SUPERVISOR"