1) Instructs pupils in ballet, ballroom, tap, and other forms of dancing: Observes students to determine physical and artistic qualifications and limitations and plans programs to meet students' needs and aspirations.
2) Explains and demonstrates techniques and methods of regulating movements of body to musical or rhythmic accompaniment.
3) Drills pupils in execution of dance steps.
4) May teach history of dance.
5) May teach theory and practice of dance notation.
6) May choreograph and direct dance performance.
7) May be designated according to style of dancing taught as Instructor, Ballroom Dancing; Instructor, Tap Dancing; Teacher, Ballet.
8) May be employed by ballet company to train corps de ballet and be designated Ballet Master/Mistress.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?