Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly attractive rooms in hotels, hospitals, and similar establishments: Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges in order to prepare work assignments.
- 2) Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- 3) Advises manager, desk clerk, or admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
- 4) Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- 5) Issues supplies and equipment to workers.
- 6) Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- 7) Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- 8) Screens job applicants, hires new employees, and recommends promotions, transfers, or dismissals.
- 9) Conducts orientation training of new employees and in-service training of other employees to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- 10) Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills.
- 11) Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports.
- 12) Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons' complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- 13) May prepare reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses.
Click here for "HOUSEKEEPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOUSEKEEPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOUSEKEEPER"