Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to provide fast and courteous service to patrons: Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
- 2) Greets guests, escorts them to tables, and provides menus.
- 3) Adjusts complaints of patrons.
- 4) Assigns work tasks and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
- 5) Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
- 6) May interview, hire, and discharge dining room personnel.
- 7) May train dining room employees.
- 8) May schedule work hours and keep time records of dining room workers.
- 9) May assist in planning menus.
- 10) May prepare beverages and expedite food orders.
- 11) May total receipts, at end of shift, to verify sales and clear cash register.
- 12) May collect payment from customers.
Is being a "HOST/HOSTESS, RESTAURANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "HOST/HOSTESS, RESTAURANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOST/HOSTESS, RESTAURANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOST/HOSTESS, RESTAURANT"
Job Number: 4071