1) Interviews incoming patient or representative and enters information required for admission into computer: Interviews patient or representative to obtain and record name, address, age, religion, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending physician, and individual or insurance company responsible for payment of bill.
2) Explains hospital regulations, such as visiting hours, payment of accounts, and schedule of charges.
3) Escorts patient or arranges for escort to assigned room or ward.
4) Enters patient admitting information into computer and routes printed copy to designated department.
5) Obtains signed statement from patient to protect hospital's interests.
6) May assign patient to room or ward.
7) May compile data for occupancy and census records.
8) May store patient's valuables.
9) May receive payments on account.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?