Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cares for elderly, convalescent, or handicapped persons in patient's home, performing any combination of following tasks: Changes bed linens, washes and irons patient's laundry, and cleans patient's quarters.
- 2) Purchases, prepares, and serves food for patient and other members of family, following special prescribed diets.
- 3) Assists patients into and out of bed, automobile, or wheelchair, to lavatory, and up and down stairs.
- 4) Assists patient to dress, bathe, and groom self.
- 5) Massages patient and applies preparations and treatments, such as liniment or alcohol rubs and heat-lamp stimulation.
- 6) Administers prescribed oral medications under written direction of physician or as directed by home care nurse.
- 7) Accompanies ambulatory patients outside home, serving as guide, companion, and aide.
- 8) Entertains patient, reads aloud, and plays cards or other games with patient.
- 9) Performs variety of miscellaneous duties as requested, such as obtaining household supplies and running errands.
- 10) May maintain records of services performed and of apparent condition of patient.
- 11) May visit several households to provide daily health care to patients.
Click here for "HOME ATTENDANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HOME ATTENDANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HOME ATTENDANT"