Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists electrical workers in installation, maintenance, and repair of electric-power generation and distribution equipment, underground cables, and related facilities, performing any combination of following tasks: Places barricades around open manholes and excavations, and below crewmembers working overhead to protect workers and public from injury.
- 2) Digs trenches, places shoring, and lowers tools and materials to workers in excavations and vaults.
- 3) Positions reels of electric cable along side trench or manhole, and guides cable as it is pulled into ducts to prevent damage to lead sheath.
- 4) Breaks up concrete to facilitate installation or repair of equipment, using airhammer.
- 5) Rigs scaffolds and hoists, and helps move heavy machine parts to assist in assembly and repair of generators, converters, switchgear, and related equipment at generating station or substation, as directed.
- 7) May trim trees and clear undergrowth along right-of-way.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
- 9) May be designated according to worker assisted as Cable Installer-Repairer Helper; Duct-Layer Helper; Electrician Helper, Powerhouse; Electric-Meter-Installer Helper; Wirer Helper.
Click here for "HELPER, ELECTRICAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "HELPER, ELECTRICAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "HELPER, ELECTRICAL"