1) Reviews previously adjudicated social welfare tax or eligibility issues, as member of appeals board, utilizing knowledge of regulations, policy, and precedent decisions: Researches laws, regulations, policies, and precedent decisions to prepare for appeal hearings.
2) Schedules hearing, issues subpoenas, counsels parties, and administers oaths to prepare for formal hearing.
3) Conducts hearing to obtain information and evidence relative to disposition of appeal.
4) Questions witnesses and rules on exceptions, motions, and admissibility of evidence.
5) Analyzes evidence and applicable law, regulations, policy, and precedent decisions to determine appropriate and permissible conclusions.
6) Prepares written decision.
7) May hear disability insurance appeals and be designated Disability-Insurance-Hearing Officer.
8) May hear unemployment insurance appeals and be designated Unemployment-Insurance-Hearing Officer.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?