1) Studies inheritance and variation of characteristics in forms of life: Performs experiments to determine laws, mechanisms, and environmental factors in origin, transmission, and development of inherited traits.
2) Analyzes determinants responsible for specific inherited traits, such as color differences, size, and disease resistance to improve or to understand relationship of heredity to maturity, fertility, or other factors.
3) Devises methods for altering or producing new traits, making use of chemicals, heat, light, or other means.
4) May specialize in particular branch of genetics, such as molecular genetics or population genetics.
5) May perform human genetic counseling or medical genetics.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?