1) Sets up and operates closed-die power press to produce metal forgings, following work order specifications, using measuring instruments and handtools: Aligns and bolts specified dies on ram and anvil of press, using rule, square, shims, feelers, and handtools.
2) Turns knobs to set pressure and depth of ram stroke.
3) Pulls workpiece from furnace, when color of workpiece indicates forging temperature, and positions workpiece on lower die, using tongs.
4) Depresses treadle or pulls lever to lower ram that compresses metal to shape of die impressions.
5) May move workpiece through series of dies for progressively finer detail.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?