1) Installs and repairs electronic equipment, such as computer, radar, missile-control, avionics, and communication systems, in field installations: Consults with customer or supervisor to plan layout of equipment.
2) Studies blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
3) Installs or oversees installation of equipment according to manufacturer's specifications.
4) Operates system to demonstrate equipment and to analyze malfunctions.
5) Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and handtools.
6) Instructs and directs workers in servicing and repairing equipment.
7) Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance.
8) May instruct workers in electronic theory.
9) May supervise workers in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
10) May advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?