1) Plans utilization of space and facilities for government agency or unit or business establishment consistent with requirements of organizational efficiency and available facilities and funds: Inspects buildings and office areas to evaluate suitability for occupancy, considering such factors as air circulation, lighting, location, and size.
2) Measures or directs workers engaged in measurement of facilities to determine total square footage available for occupancy.
3) Computes square footage available for each member of staff to determine whether minimum space restrictions can be met.
4) Draws design layout, showing location of furniture, equipment, doorways, electrical and telephone outlets, and other facilities.
5) May review real estate contracts for compliance with government specifications and suitability for occupancy of employing agency.
6) May direct workers engaged in moving furniture and equipment and preparing facilities for occupancy.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?