Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates extrusion press to shape hot billets into products, such as bars, tubing, structural shapes, and rods: Installs dies, mandrels, containers, heating coils, press tools, extrusion heads, and run-out bridging in press, according to size and type of product, using handtools.
- 2) Removes billet from furnace when color indicates specified temperature and guides it along extrusion press conveyor onto press bed, and into billet container, using tongs.
- 3) Starts ram that spreads billet into container and forces it through press.
- 4) Regulates rate of extrusion to prevent metal rupture and adherence of metal to container walls.
- 5) Starts press run-out table and butt shears to guide extrusion from press, and to trim flash.
- 6) Pulls extrusion along conveyor to racking table.
- 7) Sprays die with lubricant and caustic, and oils blocks and mandrels.
- 8) Records data, such as crew time, number of billets used, and items processed.
- 9) May operate extrusion press equipped with furnace that ejects hot billets into press chamber for ram to force through die.
- 10) May set up and operate extrusion press to shape hot, radioactive uranium fuel elements.
Click here for "EXTRUDER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EXTRUDER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EXTRUDER OPERATOR"