Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates sewing machine to embroider name, initial, or decorative designs on garments, household articles, material, or uniforms and to stitch cording, braid, or emblems on material or garments, following stamped design or working freehand without guide or markings: Reads work order to determine type and location of embroidery.
- 2) Selects size and color thread and draws it through machine guides and bobbin.
- 3) Turns setscrews to regulate machine settings.
- 4) Positions article under presser foot and presses pedal or knee control to start machine and control speed of sewing.
- 5) Guides fabric under needle with left hand or turns handcrank under feed bed to guide material, following stamped pattern or by freehand.
- 6) Observes sewing operation to detect defects in stitching that indicate machine malfunction and notifies supervisor of malfunction.
- 7) May draw guide freehand on fabric.
- 8) May pin tissue paper pattern on fabric to be used as guide.
- 9) May use embroidery hoops to hold fabric taut.
- 10) May smooth embroidered area, using hand iron.
- 11) May repair defective embroidery or fill in blanks left by embroidery machine.
- 12) May operate automatic embroidery machines with multiple sewing heads controlled by perforated pattern tape.
- 13) May be designated according to type of work done as Cloth Numberer; Letterer.
- 14) When operating embroidery machine to sew tape or braiding to garment to form embroidery design, may be designated Corder.
Click here for "EMBROIDERY-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "EMBROIDERY-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "EMBROIDERY-MACHINE OPERATOR"