Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer equipment, missile control instrumentation, electron tubes, test equipment, and machine tool numerical controls, applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics: Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with ELECTRONICS ENGINEER and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- 2) Assembles experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- 3) Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- 4) Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
- 5) Analyzes and interprets test data.
- 6) Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance.
- 7) Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations for consideration by engineers in broader determinations affecting system design and laboratory procedures.
- 8) May operate bench lathes, drills, or other machine tools to fabricate parts, such as coils, terminal boards, and chassis.
- 9) May check functioning of newly installed equipment in aircraft, ships, and structures to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- 10) May instruct and supervise other technical personnel.
- 11) May be designated according to specialization in electronic applications as Computer-Laboratory Technician; Development-Instrumentation Technician; Electronic-Communications Technician; Electronics Technician, Nuclear Reactor; Experimental Electronics Developer; Systems-Testing-Laboratory Technician.
Click here for "ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN"