Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Adjusts, installs, tests, and repairs high-powered stationary and mobile radio transmitting equipment, using handtools and testing instruments and following wiring diagrams: Adjusts controls and tests frequencies of transmitters, using frequency meter.
- 2) Listens to radio range station at frequent intervals during broadcasts to detect flaws in transmission and adjusts controls to eliminate flaws.
- 3) Operates emergency truck transmitter to ensure its readiness for immediate use.
- 4) Examines equipment and replaces defective condensers, switches, tubes, and transistors.
- 5) Tests equipment with instruments, such as circuit analyzers, audiometers, and voltmeters.
- 6) Repairs components of radio transmitting equipment and intercommunication telephone system, using handtools.
- 7) May be designated according to equipment serviced as Marine-Radio Installer-And-Servicer; Radiotelegraph Operator-Servicer.
Click here for "ELECTRICIAN, RADIO" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICIAN, RADIO"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICIAN, RADIO"