1) Assists ELECTRICIAN in installing and repairing wiring, fixtures, and equipment aboard ship and in shipyard facilities: Supplies ELECTRICIANS with materials and tools, using handtrucks, or by carrying material.
2) Measures and cuts pipe conduit to specified length, using steel tape and hacksaw.
3) Threads conduit ends, using pipe threader, and connects couplings and conduit fittings, using wrench.
4) Fabricates conduit support brackets from strap iron strips, using hacksaw, shaping dies, hammer, and punch.
5) Secures brackets to bulkheads with screws and bolts and pulls wires through conduit leading to connection boxes, switch panels, and other terminals.
6) Strips insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers.
7) Ties or screws wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
8) Performs other duties described under HELPER Master Title.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?