Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and overhauls electrical systems in automotive vehicles, such as automobiles, buses, and trucks: Confers with customer to determine nature of electrical malfunction.
- 2) Determines malfunction of electrical system by visual inspection and by use of testing devices, such as oscilloscope, voltmeter, and ammeter.
- 3) Adjusts ignition timing and measures and adjusts distributor breaker-point gaps, using dwell meter or thickness gauge.
- 4) Tests and repairs starters, generators, and distributors.
- 5) Repairs or replaces defective wiring in ignition, lighting, air-conditioning, and safety control systems, using electrician's handtools.
- 6) Rebuilds electrical units, such as starters, generators, and door controls.
- 7) May estimate cost of repairs based on parts and labor charges.
- 8) May be designated according to specialty as Electrical Repairer, Internal Combustion Engines; Electrical-Unit Rebuilder; Electrician, Bus; Ignition-And-Carburetor Mechanic; Windshield-Wiper Repairer.
Click here for "ELECTRICIAN, AUTOMOTIVE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ELECTRICIAN, AUTOMOTIVE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ELECTRICIAN, AUTOMOTIVE"