1) Formulates editorial policy and directs operation of newspaper: Confers with editorial policy committee and heads of production, advertising, and circulation departments to develop editorial and operating procedures and negotiate decisions affecting publication.
2) Appoints editorial heads and supervises work of their departments in accordance with newspaper policy.
3) Writes leading or policy editorials or notifies editorial department head of position to be taken on specific public issues.
4) Reviews financial reports and takes appropriate action with respect to costs and revenues.
5) Represents publication at professional and community functions.
6) In smaller establishments may perform duties of one or more subordinate editors and direct activities of advertising, circulation, or production personnel.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?