"DYNAMOMETER TESTER, ENGINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests completed motor vehicle engines prior to mounting in chassis, using conventional or computerized dynamometer, and adjusts and repairs engines to ensure performance conforms to specifications: Lifts engine onto stand, using hoist, and aligns and bolts engine in place.
- 2) Bolts coupling to dynamometer and engine shaft and attaches fuel and coolant lines, using handtools.
- 3) Starts engine to drive dynamometer.
- 4) Reads gauges on instrument panel to determine that power developed at specified speeds, timing, and other engine specifications meet standards.
- 5) Screws gauge into spark plug opening of successive cylinders while engine is running to verify compression ratios.
- 6) Reverses drive by cutting off engine and moving switches, causing dynamometer to drive engine.
- 7) Reads gauges to determine power necessary to turn engine.
- 8) Adjusts carburetor, sets clearances between tappets and valves, and regulates timing, using feeler gauge, timing light, and handtools.
- 9) Listens for internal noise, such as piston slap, knocks, taps, and gear noises that indicate irregularities in engine operation, using stethoscope-like instrument, and determines location and cause of malfunctions.
- 10) Repairs or replaces carburetor, spark plugs, and fuel pump, or fills out report for repairs involving disassembly of engine.
- 11) May test engine mounted on chassis and be designated Dynamometer Tester, Chassis.
Is being a "DYNAMOMETER TESTER, ENGINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DYNAMOMETER TESTER, ENGINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DYNAMOMETER TESTER, ENGINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DYNAMOMETER TESTER, ENGINE"
Job Number: 10482