1) Administers dental program in hospital and directs departmental activities in accordance with accepted national standards and administrative policies: Confers with hospital administrators to formulate policies and recommend procedural changes.
2) Establishes training program to advance knowledge and clinical skill levels of resident dentists studying for dental specializations.
3) Implements procedures for hiring of professional staff and approves hiring and promotion of staff members.
4) Establishes work schedules and assigns staff members to duty stations to maximize efficient use of staff.
5) Observes and assists staff members at work to ensure safe and ethical practices and to solve problems and demonstrate techniques.
6) Confers with hospital administrator to submit budget and statistical reports used to justify expenditures for equipment, supplies, and personnel.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?