1) Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel assigned to police precinct station: Assumes responsibility for safekeeping of money and valuables taken from prisoners, lost or stolen articles, and property held as evidence.
2) Supervises work of POLICE OFFICER II or POLICE OFFICER I who search suspects.
3) Supervises TELEPHONE OPERATOR engaged in sending and receiving police communication by telephone and radio systems.
4) Receives notification and informs commanding officer of calls and orders received over police communication systems.
5) Records information, such as name of arresting officer and prisoner's name, address, and charge, to complete precinct activity reports for commanding officer.
6) Commands subordinate officers and subordinate personnel on assigned duty and assumes responsibility for efficiency and discipline of workers under command.
7) Assumes command of station house in absence of commanding officer.
8) May make inspection tour of police beats in precinct area.
9) May be designated according to rank as Desk Captain; Desk Lieutenant; Desk Sergeant.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?