1) Forms plaster, metal, plastic, or rubber models and molds from dental impressions and wax models of dentures and dental appliances, using casting equipment and handtools: Mixes specified amounts of special plaster and water or other model-making ingredients, by hand or electric mixer-vibrator, to form compound used for models and molds.
2) Pours mixture into impressions to form models for upper and lower dentures.
3) Melts pieces of gold, silver, or other metal, using gas torch, and casts inlays, crowns, and pontics for fixed bridges, using centrifugal casting machine.
4) Packs plastic mixture or composition rubber strips in molds to cast orthodontic appliances, such as tooth positioners, mouthguards, and retainers.
5) Positions models in articulator and verifies occlusions.
6) Packs plaster or other denture-making ingredient around wax model of denture to form model or matrix for casting denture.
7) Places mold in boiling water to melt wax from cast model.
8) Scrapes remaining wax from model, using knife, and washes model in soapy solution to remove dirt and foreign matter.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?