"DECKHAND, FISHING VESSEL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties aboard fishing vessel: Stands lookout, steering, and engine-room watches.
- 2) Attaches nets, slings, hooks, and other lifting devices to cables, booms, and hoists.
- 3) Loads equipment and supplies aboard vessel by hand or using hoisting equipment.
- 4) Signals other workers to move, hoist, and position loads.
- 5) Rows boats and dinghies and operates skiffs to transport fishers, divers, and sponge hookers and to tow and position nets.
- 6) Attaches accessories, such as floats, weights, and markers to nets and lines.
- 7) Pulls and guides nets and lines onto vessel.
- 8) Removes fish from nets and hooks.
- 9) Sorts and cleans marine life and returns undesirable and illegal catch to sea.
- 10) Places catch in containers and stows in hold and covers with salt and ice.
- 11) Washes deck, conveyors, knives and other equipment, using brush, detergent, and water.
- 12) Lubricates, adjusts, and makes minor repairs to engines and equipment.
- 13) Secures and removes vessel's docking lines to and from docks and other vessels.
- 14) May be designated according to type of vessel worked as Deckhand, Clam Dredge; Deckhand, Crab Boat; Deckhand, Oyster Dredge; Deckhand, Shrimp Boat; Deckhand, Sponge Boat; Deckhand, Tuna Boat.
Click here for "DECKHAND, FISHING VESSEL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DECKHAND, FISHING VESSEL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DECKHAND, FISHING VESSEL"