1) Sets up and operates machine to corrugate and face paperboard to form corrugated paperboard material for containers: Positions rolls of paperboard on machine feedrack, using hydraulic hoist.
2) Threads paperboard through feed, tension, corrugating, and gluing rollers, and fills glue reservoirs.
3) Starts machine and turns dials, wheels, and valves to adjust machine running speed, tension on pressure rolls, temperature of drying belt, and to synchronize speed of feed rolls.
4) Records production data from yardage indicator.
5) May operate machine that corrugates and combines three sheets and be designated Double-Facing-Corrugating-Machine Operator; or two sheets and be designated Single-Facing-Corrugating-Machine Operator.
6) May operate machine to line paperboard with paper only and be designated Board-Lining-Machine Operator.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?