Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Guards inmates in penal institution in accordance with established policies, regulations, and procedures: Observes conduct and behavior of inmates to prevent disturbances and escapes.
- 2) Inspects locks, window bars, grills, doors, and gates for tampering.
- 3) Searches inmates and cells for contraband articles.
- 4) Guards and directs inmates during work assignments.
- 5) Patrols assigned areas for evidence of forbidden activities, infraction of rules, and unsatisfactory attitude or adjustment of prisoners.
- 6) Reports observations to superior.
- 7) Employs weapons or force to maintain discipline and order among prisoners, if necessary.
- 8) May escort inmates to and from visiting room, medical office, and religious services.
- 9) May guard entrance of jail to screen visitors.
- 10) May prepare written report concerning incidences of inmate disturbances or injuries.
- 11) May be designated according to institution as Correction Officer, City Or County Jail; Correction Officer, Penitentiary; Correction Officer, Reformatory.
- 12) May guard prisoners in transit between jail, courtroom, prison, or other point, traveling by automobile or public transportation and be designated Guard, Deputy.
Click here for "CORRECTION OFFICER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CORRECTION OFFICER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CORRECTION OFFICER"