1) Conducts instrumental music groups, such as orchestras and dance bands: Auditions and selects members of group.
2) Selects music to accommodate talents and abilities of group and to suit type of performance to be given.
3) Positions members within group to obtain balance among instrumental sections.
4) Directs group at rehearsals and performances to achieve desired effects, such as tonal and harmonic balance, dynamics, rhythms, tempos, and shadings, utilizing knowledge of conducting techniques, music theory and harmony, range and characteristics of instruments, and talents of individual performers.
5) May transcribe musical compositions and melodic lines to adapt them to or create particular style for group.
6) May schedule tours and performances and arrange for transportation and lodging.
7) May be designated according to specialization as Conductor, Dance Band; Conductor, Symphonic-Orchestra.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?