1) Coordinates telephone communications services in hospital: Confers with administrative personnel to determine hospital requirements for communications equipment, such as switchboards, public-address paging systems, and extension telephones.
2) Determines equipment to be installed, based on anticipated volume of calls, and knowledge of available equipment.
3) Writes instruction and procedure manuals for switchboard operation and training, applying knowledge of hospital procedures, departmental functions, and equipment.
4) Determines methods of improving telephone service from discussions with supervisory personnel, observation of switchboard operations, and analysis of service complaints.
5) Arranges with telephone company personnel for special training of workers, as necessary.
6) May estimate telephone services costs for use in preparing hospital budget.
7) May prepare records and reports for management, concerning telephone services.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?