Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Counsels individuals or groups regarding psychological or emotional problems, such as stress, substance abuse, or family situations, using evaluative techniques, and develops and implements therapeutic treatment plan in medical setting: Interviews patient to obtain information concerning medical history or other pertinent information.
- 2) Observes client to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior.
- 3) Selects and administers various tests, such as psychological tests, personality inventories, and intelligence quotient tests, to identify behavioral or personality traits and intelligence levels, and records results.
- 4) Reviews results of tests to evaluate client needs.
- 5) Plans and administers therapeutic treatment, such as behavior modification and stress management therapy, using biofeedback equipment, to assist patient in controlling disorders and other problems.
- 6) Changes method and degree of therapy when indicated by client reactions.
- 7) Discusses progress toward goals with client, such as controlling weight, stress, or substance abuse.
- 8) Consults with medical doctor or other specialists concerning treatment plan and amends plan as directed.
- 9) Conducts relaxation exercises, peer counseling groups, and family counseling during clinical therapy sessions.
- 10) Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- 11) May conduct research in treatment and test validation.
- 12) May develop evaluative studies of therapy and therapy outcome.
Click here for "CLINICAL THERAPIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CLINICAL THERAPIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CLINICAL THERAPIST"