1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting office machine parts and assembled mechanical and electromechanical tape-moistening machines, and inspects materials and purchased machine parts, using precision measuring devices: Confers with assembly supervisors to determine staff assignments at assembly inspection stations and to discuss ongoing inspection results.
2) Alerts supervisors when reports indicate major or consistent assembly discrepancies, and meets with punch press supervisor to discuss rejection findings on parts production.
3) Examines raw materials for smoothness and to detect surface defects, such as nicks, burrs, pits, and scratches, following blueprints, sketches, and order specifications.
4) Tests materials for hardness, using hardness tester.
5) Measures materials, using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, and dial indicators.
6) Prepares rejection slips indicating reasons materials or parts failed inspection.
7) Trains new staff and monitors progress.
8) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?