1) Administers prescribed medications to patients and maintains related medical records under supervision of NURSE, GENERAL DUTY : Verifies identity of patient receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms or records.
2) Presents medication to patient and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication, using specified procedures.
3) Takes vital signs or observes patient to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
4) Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
5) Gives direct patient care, such as bathing, dressing, and feeding patients, and assisting in examinations and treatments.
6) May receive supply of ordered medications and apportion, mix, or assemble drugs for administration to patient.
7) May record and restock medication inventories.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?