Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares graves and maintains cemetery grounds: Locates grave site according to section, lot, and plot numbers, and marks area to be excavated.
- 2) Removes sod from gravesite, using shovel.
- 3) Digs grave to specified depth, using pick and shovel or backhoe.
- 4) Places concrete slabs on bottom and around grave to line it.
- 5) Mixes and pours concrete to construct foundation for grave marker, using premixed concrete, wheelbarrow, and handtools.
- 6) Positions casket-lowering device on grave, covers dirt pile and sod with artificial grass carpet, erects canopy, and arranges folding chairs to prepare site for burial service.
- 7) Builds wooden forms for concrete slabs, using hammer, saw, and nails.
- 8) Sets grave marker in concrete on gravesite, using shovel and trowel.
- 9) Mows grass, using hand or power mower.
- 10) Prunes shrubs, trims trees, and plants flowers and shrubs on grave, using handtools.
- 11) Removes leaves and other debris from graves, using leaf blowers and weed eaters.
- 12) May drive vehicles, such as backhoe, trucks, and tractors.
- 13) May repair and maintain tools and equipment, using handtools and power tools and applying mechanical knowledge.
- 14) May open and close mausoleum vaults, using handtools.
Click here for "CEMETERY WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CEMETERY WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CEMETERY WORKER"