Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Smooths and finishes surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures, using handtools or power tools, including floats, trowels, and screeds: Signals concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete.
- 2) Moves discharge chute of truck to direct concrete into forms.
- 3) Spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms, using rake or shovel.
- 4) Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using hand held screed and floats to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
- 5) Smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straightedge and float or power screed.
- 6) Finishes concrete surfaces, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
- 7) Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer, and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- 8) Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- 9) May sprinkle colored stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish.
- 10) May produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- 11) May mix cement, using hoe or concrete-mixing machine.
- 12) May direct subgrade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
- 13) May specialize in finishing steps and stairways and be designated Step Finisher.
- 14) May break up and repair old concrete surfaces, using pneumatic tools, and be designated Cement Mason, Maintenance.
- 15) May spread premixed cement over deck, inner surfaces, joints, and crevices of ships and be designated Cementer.
Click here for "CEMENT MASON" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CEMENT MASON"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CEMENT MASON"