Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines and analyzes accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepares financial reports concerning operating procedures: Reviews data regarding material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- 2) Inspects items in books of original entry to determine if accepted accounting procedure was followed in recording transactions.
- 3) Counts cash on hand, inspects notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and cancelled checks.
- 4) Verifies journal and ledger entries of cash and check payments, purchases, expenses, and trial balances by examining and authenticating inventory items.
- 5) Prepares reports for management concerning scope of audit, financial conditions found, and source and application of funds.
- 6) May make recommendations regarding improving operations and financial position of company.
- 7) May supervise and coordinate activities of auditors specializing in specific operations of establishments undergoing audit.
- 8) May audit banks and financial institutions and be designated Bank Examiner.
- 9) May examine company payroll and personnel records to determine worker's compensation coverage and be designated Payroll Auditor.
Is being an "AUDITOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "AUDITOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "AUDITOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "AUDITOR"
Job Number: 2985