1) Administers school student personnel program in primary or secondary school, and counsels and disciplines students, performing any combination of following tasks: Formulates student personnel policies, such as code of ethics.
2) Plans and supervises school student activity programs.
3) Gives individual and group guidance for personal problems, educational and vocational objectives, and social and recreational activities.
4) Talks with and disciplines students in cases of attendance and behavior problems.
5) Supervises students in attendance at assemblies and athletic events.
6) Walks about school building and property to monitor safety and security or directs and coordinates teacher supervision of areas such as halls and cafeteria.
7) Observes and evaluates teacher performance.
8) Maintains records of student attendance.
9) Arranges for and oversees substitute teachers.
10) Works with administrators to coordinate and supervise student teachers program.
11) Teaches courses.
12) Assists PRINCIPAL to interview and hire teachers.
13) Organizes and administers in-service teacher training.
14) Acts as PRINCIPAL in absence of PRINCIPAL.
15) May be required to have certification from state.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?