1) Researches, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials: Consults with client to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
2) Plans layout of project and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
3) Prepares scale drawings and contract documents for building contractors.
4) Represents client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
5) Administers construction contracts and conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
6) May prepare operating and maintenance manuals, studies, and reports.
7) May use computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
8) May direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?