1) Arbitrates disputes between labor and management to bind both to specific terms and conditions of labor contract: Conducts hearing to evaluate contentions of parties regarding disputed contract provisions.
2) Analyzes information obtained, using knowledge of facts in issue and industry practices.
3) Renders binding decision to settle dispute, protect public interests, prevent employee wage loss, and minimize business interruptions.
4) Issues report concerning results of arbitration.
5) May serve exclusively for particular case for which selected by parties and be known as Ad Hoc Arbitrator.
6) May serve for all disputes concerning specific agreements and be known as Umpire; Referee.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?