1) Coordinates activities related to admission of patients in hospital or other medical facility: Confers with physicians, and nursing, housekeeping, transport, and other staff members to coordinate and schedule admission of patient.
2) Assigns accommodations based on physician's admittance orders, patient's preference, nature of illness, availability of space, and other information, and enters bed assignment information into computer.
3) Prepares records of admission, transfer, and other required data.
4) Notifies departments of patient's admission.
5) Reviews clerical work of interviewers and other personnel.
6) Keeps records of admissions and discharges, and compiles occupancy-census data.
7) May interview patient or patient's representative to obtain necessary personal and financial data to determine eligibility for admission.
8) May perform duties described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?