1) Performs any combination of following calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records: Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
2) Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts, using calculator or computer.
3) Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
4) May type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, using typewriter or computer.
5) May reconcile bank statements.
6) May be designated according to type of accounting performed, such as Accounts-Payable Clerk; Accounts-Receivable Clerk; Bill-Recapitulation Clerk; Rent and Miscellaneous Remittance Clerk; Tax-Record Clerk.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?