1) Prepares federal, state, or local tax returns of individual, business establishment, or other organization: Examines accounts and records and computes taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations, using computer.
2) Advises management regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
3) Ensures that establishment complies with periodic tax payment, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
4) Represents principal before taxing bodies.
5) May devise and install tax record systems.
6) May specialize in various aspects of tax accounting, such as tax laws applied to particular industry, or in individual, fiduciary, or partnership income tax preparation.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
How can we help you with your career?